Today was a special day. This was a day that was recognized as “Dads take your child to school” day. I did not even know it exsisted until I went to my daughter’s school and the whole week before they were reminding us moms that it was the dads turn to take their child to school. I have to admit when I first saw the sign I was reluctant to tell my daughter’s father. Not because I did not want to tell him, I did not trust him to come through for her and I did not want my daughter to have another disappointment to deal with. If you are a single mom like me, you may have experienced that “ghost-dad” episode a time or a dozen. As the date approached I texted my daughter’s dad and told him about the day and it would be cool to take our daughter. He happily agreed but something inside me said “he’s not going to come through”. I did not want to believe that so I decided to think that he would be true to his word and keep his promise, this time.
Two days before the day he was supposed to take our daughter, I had not heard from him and he flaked on our daughter AGAIN! I was very nervous about him not showing up and our daughter kept reaffirming that her dad was going to take her to school. All I could do was confirm that was the plan but the fact that I had not heard from him the entire weekend made me worry he would not come through. I found myself talking to my friend briefly about it and she reminded me that I needed to pray. I must admit that I had stopped praying for him because he seemed to keep with the same pattern. In my mind I thought, why pray for someone who is NOT changing at all. Then it made me think of all the times Jesus must intercede on my behalf and I find myself doing the same thing over and over, that would frustrate Him right? No, Jesus STILL goes before God on my behalf.
21 Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus *said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. Matthew 18:21-22
Once that scripture came to mind, I soon realized that if Jesus tells me to forgive someone up to seventy seven times, why am I adamant of leaving someone in their way and not praying for their change continually?
I will tell you why. It is frustrating to spend time in prayer, praying for someone that you do not see the change in. For me I would pray for him, but then when he would end up only being “good” for a few weeks then go back to the same way of doing things, I gave up praying. To me I thought what is the point? My prayers are clearly not getting through and I am wasting my time and God’s. Have you felt like this before? If you have answered yes, I am going to show you how the pursuit of the power of prayer can be so effective for you and the people you pray for, you will want to pray continuosly! (That’s bible too, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”)
- The Pursuit of Prayer you automatically set yourself up to becoming more powerful than you can even think. Prayer has a special key that unlocks doors because when you pray, you are specific and direct about what you are praying about. When you put that together with faith while you are praying, the power that comes from that will cause ANY change you are asking for to take place.
- The Pursuit of Prayer allows you to pray continually. Sometimes we will pray and they are quick prayers and there is nothing wrong with that. But there is a difference when you are in pursuit of prayer of a specific outcome. When you pursue something you are relentless. So when you are relentless in prayer and focused on the outcome, you will experience that very thing you are seeking.
- The Pursuit of Prayer will teach you patience. Trust me on this on. When I prayed for my daughter’s father, I was persistent in praying for him at one point but when I saw he was not following through I began to think, “what the heck am I praying for?” It was not until today that I realized that what I was praying for months prior came to pass. Something in me clicked and said, “Your prayers taught you to be diligent and it has worked out patience in you”. At first I did not believe that because I would get frustrated easily, but then when I thought of how I would give him chance after chance, it showed me that I believed that he would eventually change based on the prayers I had prayed.
- The Pursuit of Prayer is not so much for the person, it is for you! The pursuit of prayer builds your own faith in God and reaffirms that you are not alone even if you are a single parent. I struggled alot thinking I was by myself in raising my daughter. That frustrated me the most. When I pursued prayer the most is when I saw how God showed up for me and stepped in and became what I needed. While He became what I needed, I saw a shift in my daughter’s father, now THAT is Power!
- The Pursuit of Prayer will strengthen your relationship with your child’s father or absent parent. I know that there may be people who will read this blog who LOATHE that parent. I just want to encourage you, when you pray, and pray with an earnest heart for that person, God will not only change them, He will change you first! That is the True POWER of the Pursuit of the Power of Prayer!
Today, was a great day! I was able to see a smile on my daughter’s face that is just irreplaceable that I could not put there. Her dad came through for her and it reminded me, that Prayers DONOT go unnoticed! So don’t stop praying, Stay in Pursuit!
Always Remember, Be You, Stay True and Pursue!
BEFORE YOU GO!
In 3 days I will be going on a #JourneyofPursuit and I am Inviting you to Join Me! We will be taking a journey for 21 Days in the Power of Pursuit through areas of life that challenge us, shape us and can sometimes be SO chaotic! It is in those moments, that we learn who we are, what we are made of in the midst of all the chaos. So if you are Ready to take that journey, and ready to Pursue in life.
If you feel tired of it all, frustrated, lost, unsure of where to go next, then I WANT you to take this journey with me. If you choose to take the journey with me, you will recieve a “SPECIAL” gift from me!
If you want to be apart of the journey, email me at email@example.com and put in the subject box, “Im Ready to Pursue”! Once I recieve that email, you will get in your inbox your “Pursuit Bag” with everything we will be doing and how I will be interacting with you for the next 21 days.
I am excited for this journey and I hope you are too!
I Love You for Real!