Well its a New Year, Twenty Seventeen and if you are reading this blog post You Made It!!
I am super excited for this year simply because I am here, I am Alive and God has entrusted in me a charge to take the world by storm and do what He has allowed me to do in the earth, can I get an Amen!
Okay– I’m done preaching, but I truly am excited.
Honestly for the first time in a long time I feel like I am truly myself. I am the true Takima I was always meant to be and I am so comfortable and content in my own skin. I have some settling (As my sister – friend Stephanie) to do into myself but overall I am loving me. It took me some time to get to this place but I am oh so glad I am here, FINALLY!
This is my first blog of the year and I want it to encourage you. Two years ago I want to say, God birthed something in me. I didn’t quite know what it would turn into but now 2 years later it’s turned into my brand and represents me to the core. I started a lifestyle brand called, “The BRAVE Life” and it has grown into something that I never even imagined. Being BRAVE is something that most of us want to be, desire to be or just are, right? For some of us we have to grow into our BRAVENESS and that takes time. For me it took 5 years. 5 years ago I had a baby. Each year I learned and grew into a different aspect of being BRAVE:
Year 1 Boldness
Year 2 Resiliency
Year 3 Authenticity
Year 4 Victory
Year 5 Empowerment
With each year God took me through some stuff, I experienced some stuff and I endured some stuff but after it was over, I realized that I became each of the compenents of being BRAVE. What are you doing to be your BRAVE in your life? I ask this question as serious as I can because I want you to really think about it. Being BRAVE is more than taking a courageous plunge into something you were afraid of doing, or standing up to something or something that was intimidating. It’s more than just saying “I’m Brave”, it’s an active element of who you claim you are.
Being BRAVE is boldness to truly believe and stand for what you represent. It’s being resilient in the face of adversity when all hell is breaking loose in your home and life and you have mouths to feed with little money in your bank account. It’s being authentic. Now I know this word is overused right now but hear me out. Being authentic is not just staying true to yourself because if you don’t know who you are, how can you be true? Being authentic is always telling the truth about Where you are, not allowing others to take you off track to where you are headed and to honor your successes and your failures and becoming better because of them both. Being victorious is celebrating every choice, every victory no matter how “tiny” it seems. Little things become larger things so celebrate All things!Lastly being empowered is after having been knocked down , dragged, hurt, in pain, you STILL get up, dust yourself and keep going and bring others along the way.
That is what I want to encourage you with the top of this new year, 2017;
Be You BRAVELY!
Let nothing stop you and watch and see your life change before your very eyes!
I want to share a few things with you before I sign out:
1. My Book “The BRAVE Life: What to do when Life Knocks the Faith out of You” is Available for Pre-Order TODAY!!! It will also be available for purchase on Amazon,Kindle, http://www.b&n.com, GoodReads and Smashwords on January 27, 2017! YES Finally!! I know it’s been a long time coming but I had to stop the process because there is a season for everything! You can Pre-order your copy and have it signed by Me!
2. January 27-29 I will be at The Millions CONFERENCE with Tiphani Montgomery! If you have not gotten tickets please do so, this is something you don’t want to miss!
3. February 11,2017, I will be speaking and teaching at my good sister friend, Nigeria Lockley’s “Passion Party”!!! I will be teaching my new signature BRAVEClass: “BRAVE mind,BRAVE Life”. It’s gonna be Amazing and it’s here in NYC! So Come and fulfill your Passion in a Godly Fashion with Nigeria and Me! Get your Passion Party Tickets Here!
4. March 4&5, 2017, I will be in Houston Texas with my Spirit Twin Allison Arnett the Creative Bookkeeper. I am so excited to be apart of her event “Brands & Books”. This event is one that will teach your how to build a powerful brand in a BRAVE Way! Get your tickets if you are going to be in the Houston Texas area
5. My Annual Empowerment Event BRAVE Speaks will be held this July 7&8 in NYC, So SAVE THE DATE!!! Make sure to follow this blog and subscribe to my newsletter to get all the info of when that will happen! I’m excited about this year’s theme and what God has planned for You!
That’s all I got for you!
Until Nest Time,
Be you, Stay True and Live BRAVE!